Could this be you?
The work of Karinya House is people intense, with our staff and volunteer team being our greatest asset.
We are always on the lookout for new compassionate and committed team members, both for our Care team, and our Support (weekend/overnight) team. Could this be you?
Working with an ethic of care, the Karinya House team work compassionately with women, who are pregnant and early parenting with complex needs, to promote their empowerment and independence. Karinya House believes all women with support have the strength to make changes in their life, that are meaningful to them.
Working within an ethical and research informed social justice practice framework and within a culture that is inspired and sustained by the women with whom we work, Karinya House aims to provide women the support they need, during and after pregnancy.
Both Care Team and Support Team members build relationships with women, walking alongside women as they navigate the complexities of pregnancy and parenting, providing support during and after pregnancy.
Our staff, create a caring, non-judgmental space of trust and safety for women, harnessing a range of resources and opportunities to best support women, within the timeframes that they set.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Individuals of diverse backgrounds who are committed to giving back to their community, by improving outcomes for women who are pregnant and parenting.
- An understanding of working from a Trauma Informed Care framework.
- Demonstrated ability to work compassionately with individuals with complex needs, ideally with women and/or families experiencing homelessness, and/or domestic/family violence, and/or mental health, drug and alcohol issues, or engaged with the child protection system.
KARINYA HOUSE OFFERS:
- An opportunity to work from a social justice framework, within a small, specialized, grass-roots, well regarded Canberra organisation, an organisation that is not aligned to any religious and political perspectives.
- An opportunity to make a direct impact in the community, by empowering and supporting women who are pregnant or early parenting.
- A role within an inclusive, diverse, caring and compassionate team. Where our team members are treated in the same way we treat the women we walk alongside – with respect and compassion.
- We are currently looking for Care Team members – Caseworkers, who have the opportunity to negotiate their hours, up to 35 Hours per week, within the span of 8am – 5pm.
- We are currently looking for Support Team members, who have the ability to develop a roster that fits within their lifestyle, working evenings/overnights and/or weekends.
Applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates are currently open and will be assessed as they are received.
Karinya House encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, or people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
For further information about either role, please contact Belinda Munn – Karinya House Services Director on 0408 095 243 or [email protected].