Karinya House relies on a dedicated and enthusiastic group of volunteers to enable it to continue operating. Our volunteers perform a huge variety of tasks, just a few examples are listed below.
- Running Group sessions for clients (craft, cooking lessons etc)
- Transporting clients to appointments/hospital
- Respite support for mothers with new babies
- Delivering food hampers
- Making new mums feel special (by delivering gifts, or providing other support) at times such as Mother’s Day, Easter, Christmas and at the birth of a baby
- You name it, our volunteers help with it! From sausage sizzles to gala balls, our wonderful pool of volunteers work tirelessly to help raise funds to keep Karinya operating.
- Maintenance and gardening
- Folding and enveloping newsletters and appeal notices for supporter mail outs.
- Sorting of baby goods and material donations – now referred to Roundabout Canberra (see below).
|Vacancy||Time period||Other info|
|Karinya House is not currently recruiting new volunteers||We encourage anyone interested to watch this space, as opportunities will be advised as they become available|
(Sorting of Pre-Loved Baby Goods)
|Roundabout Canberra are a volunteer based organisation supporting Karinya House by the provision of pre-loved baby goods. They are currently seeking volunteers and we recommend them to you.|