Be a friend of Karinya
Welcome to Friends of Karinya! We invite you to share our purpose of supporting vulnerable and at risk pregnant and parenting women in our local community.
Each year Karinya House provides around 400 residential and outreach support periods to around 200 Women who are pregnant or early parenting, and their babies and at times other family members, within our Canberra Region community. As a Friend of Karinya, you will partner with us to provide accommodation and casework support to pregnant and parenting women in crisis. Homelessness and family violence are critical issues. 50% of the women of Karinya are homeless upon referral. Over 60% of women have experienced family violence.
As a community based organisation, your investment and partnership with us is vital. Our community of Friends, Corporate and Community Partners, funds almost 50% of our service costs each year. Our service costs are $1.7m per annum.
Be a Friend to the women of Karinya. Every monthly contribution you invest brings a return of so much. You can be the difference in someone’s world – the world of a Mother or her baby.
For as little as $5 per week, $25 per month… you can be the difference, ensuring the sustainability of services to pregnant and parenting women in our region.
A night of shelter and residential support costs $500. A day of outreach services costs $440. A day of midwifery support costs $440. Karinya House provides this support 365 days a year.
On average to support a Mother and her baby through a life changing event costs $10,000. This is not a significant investment for what can be a most inspiring and enduring return.
Be a Friend. Be a part of Karinya’s stories through our eNewlsetter, our website and on social media. You will see a return on your investment in ways that make tangible and genuine difference to someone’s world. We welcome you to join us and we thank you for your generosity.
As a Friend of Karinya, you will:
- hear about the happenings and events at Karinya House with an eNewsletter.
- be able to setup a recurring donation to Karinya House.
When you register as a recurring donor:
- You will receive an initial email as well as a receipt for your first donation.
- Recurring donations will occur thereafter, on the same date based on the cycle selected. You will receive a receipt each time a recurring deduction has occurred.
- You will be able to receive a summary of your donations at the end of each financial year from Karinya House if you request one.
- You will be able to change your recurring donation at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are already supporting Karinya House as a regular donor, you are also welcome to renew your sign up now as a Friend of Karinya, using this online facility. Please also contact us at email@example.com, to let us know when you have signed up online. We can then remove you from our existing recurring deduction processes, to ensure duplicate deductions do not occur.
If you do not wish to sign up to Karinya House online, please feel free to make a one-off donation.