Join us for A Jazz Winter Warmer!
Join us for a Winter’s evening to warm your soul with some great Jazz, by a number of our home grown and talented musicians, including Annie Sloane (Annie and the Armadillos), Gaye Reid and Tony Haley.
Download the Jazz Event Flyer and share with your friends.
This fun and fabulous Supper and Jazz evening will raise funds for Karinya House, supporting women who we walk alongside into the new financial year. Come along and have a great evening of fun and laughter, and be part of the village that walks alongside with us.
Date: Friday 26 June 2020
Time: 6 pm to 9:30 pm
The entertainment will begin at 6:30pm … and the complete line up will be updated soon… definitely featuring:
- Annie and the Armadillos | John Black, Michael Lynch |
- “Annie and the Armadillos are a popular jazz, swing and blues band. Lead singer Annie Sloane delivers sultry jazz and popular songs with great style.”
- Gaye Reid
- Gaye is a powerhouse of jazz and blues, a true entertainer. Gaye brings sass and celebration, with a voice that goes through the ranges in an easy and enthralling style.
- Tony Haley
- “Tony Haley, swing singer, lounge vocalist, ‘crooner’—call him what you will—Tony has been acclaimed as “Australia ‘s ‘Ole Blue Eyes”, “Our Very Own Dean Martin”and “The One Man Rat Pack”. With his charismatic style he can set the mood for any occasion from laid back to up beat.”
We may have a Mystery Wine Draw – if we can secure at least 50 Wine Contributions (RRP >=$20).
Supper – Savoury and Sweet – will be provided. Savoury supper items provided by The Long Track Pantry. Sweets provided by some fabulous slice makers!
Please note: With regret, due to the nature of this event, dietary requirements are unable to be catered for.
We may be able to provide GF items however this is currently being investigated. Watch this space.
Bring your own Alcohol, Non-Alcoholic Drinks, Glasses and Nibbles. (and additional supper if you have dietary requirements.)
Cost of the evening is only $50 per head. We advise you to book soon to avoid disappointment. There is a floor limit of 150 and we will accommodate singles up to Tables of 10.
We have provided the option to pay more per individual ticket, with a donation component identified and included.
We are seeking items for Auction, Raffle and Wine perhaps. We may have a Mystery Wine Draw – if we can secure at least 50 Wine Contributions (RRP >=$20). Best sourced locally and in support of all our local Canberra Region wineries.
This is a new event for us, and we look forward to the support of our community. Based on similar events organised by RCAG in the past, and the amazing talents of Annie and her Jazz colleagues, we are certain this will be a fabulous community evening of celebration.
- From Kingsford-Smith Drive, turn into Verbruggen Street;
- turn right at the first street into Conley Drive;
- turn right at the second street, Goldner Circuit,
- and then turn right into the church car-park.
- Overflow parking is available in the Conley Drive carpark opposite Melba Copland High School.