A Rare Opportunity
A rare opportunity to assume the leadership role at a dynamic not-for-profit organisation.
Chief Executive Officer
Karinya House for Mothers and Babies
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Karinya House Committee and Executive have identified the culture of Karinya, as established by the Founding Members and developed under the tenure of the Association’s Executive Director from 1997 to 2021, is the most critical point on which all organisational activity must pivot.
The Culture of Karinya is premised in an “Ethic of Care”.
- Care is the basis of everything that Karinya does every day.
- Care of self (and ensuring this) supports Care for others.
- Care for the women we walk alongside.
- Care for staff and volunteers, including the committee.
- Care for our funding partners and donors.
- Care for our service partners.
In determining what makes Karinya work and what makes Karinya stand apart from other services, the overarching element of care has been identified as the key factor instilled over the first 24 years of the organisation. Excellence in service delivery and governance, stems from this most basic premise, that all things we do, every day, are done with care. Thus the CEO will be required to work from a basis of ensuring social justice principles and an ethic of care is embedded in all that Karinya House does.
The CEO will be expected to represent the Karinya House Practice Framework and continuing to drive change in the language used for women who are pregnant, or parenting and who are experiencing a period of homelessness or other complexities, to one that speaks with respect and recognition.
The role will be fully supported by a Services Director focused on the Practice of Care, and an Executive Officer and Finance and Business Manager, to drive strategy, governance and financial sustainability. These functions are also performed within the Karinya culture of care.
Working in the NFP sector, salary packaging is available.
Salary Range is $100,000 to $105,000 per annum (for 70 Hours per Fortnight) plus superannuation.
A detailed position description can be found here.
Submitting an Expression of Interest
Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified and experienced candidates must include the following:
- A Curriculum Vitae.
- A response to how your experience and qualifications meets each of the selection criteria. You should address each selection criteria separately.
- Details of three referees.
Expressions of Interest should be submitted to:
Karinya House – Executive Officer
By 3pm Monday 31 January 2022
Shortlisted candidates will be:
- Invited to attend Karinya House to view the facility and meet individually with members of the Executive Staff Leadership Team on Saturday 12 February 2022.
- Required to attend an interview in a COVID Safe manner on Monday 14 February 2022.
Enquiries about the Position
For further information on the position, please contact Belinda Munn, Executive Officer, on 0408 095 243 or Belinda.Munn@karinyahouse.asn.au.